The following operating principles and philosophies guide the work of the Western Pennsylvania Regional Data Center:
- Information is a critical component of the region’s infrastructure. Our work will support strategic community priorities.
- We will be responsible stewards of the community’s information, and encourage data owners to view their information as an asset.
- The Data Center will be welcoming and inclusive. We will support disadvantaged and marginalized communities and populations.
- Transparency and openness are fundamental to open data. We will work in the open, and share what we’ve done with others.
- An agile philosophy will guide our technology and project development efforts. We will continuously improve our products, and share our work in progress.
- We will build projects and products in collaboration with data publishers and data users. We encourage feedback.
- Long-term sustainability of the Data Center drives many of our choices.